Join Our Team
StarEvents is always looking for fun, upbeat, and creative individuals to join our team in the summers. We want individuals who are ready to work hard while enjoying the experience of helping to produce and be part of the best summer festivals in Chicago.
Seasonal Event Jobs Available:
- Food and Beverage servers
- Gate staff
- Summer Internships
Please send all resumes to email@example.com.
Check back to this page periodically to look for vacant full time and seasonal positions, as we do update our employment page regularly.
Event Planning Internship Opportunities
StartEvents is looking for college students who are ready for exciting 2017 Summer Internship Opportunities!
We work in a fun, upbeat, and creative office.. and want students to come on board who are ready to work hard while enjoying the experience of helping to produce and be part of the best events in Chicago. You will experience all aspects of the industry when interning with StarEvents… from planning to production, you will be involved every step of the way!
If you are interested in one of our event planning internships, we want to know more about you. Please send us the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should state the internship you are applying for.
- Cover Letter or Mission Statement (under 100 words)
- Good quality headshot (this photo will be on StarEvents.com if selected for position)
- A creative item (IE: video/photos/project) – optional
- Start date availability (we prefer that all interns begin in mid-May)
- May-Aug/Sept (Ending date flexible)
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Must be a college student Sophomore – Senior
- AVAILABLE ALL WEEKENDS WITH EVENTS! Check out our calendar!
Application for Internships:
Media and Marketing Internship:
- Regularly update and track analytics of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Create posting and content creation calendars for each event
- Create advertisements on Facebook and Instagram according to festival budget
- Assist in managing MailChimp account, including e-newsletters
- Assist in managing marketing deliverables including printing, timelines, approval and deadlines
- Manage WordPress website including uploading band photos, sponsor recognition and event summaries
Event Administrative Internship:
- Assist with planning onsite setup for vendors at events
- Manage the main StarEvents email account and respond accordingly
- Assist in the process of submitting street closures and insurance
- Work with food vendors to secure proper permits and compliance
- Manage packing for event and ensure all items are returned to office
- Help to maintain office servers and accounting binders to ensure all proper paperwork is filed
Event Logistics Internship:
- Assist with planning onsite logistics for events
- Help to manage logistical invoices and budgets
- Assist with finalizing event specifications with the direction of the client and Event Manager
- Create timelines for event logistics and assist in map creation
- Help to manage staffing for events, including stage managers, gate staff and beer booth staff
Community Relations Internship:
- Work to ensure all vendors are properly registered
- Create and maintain databases and documents
- Speak with vendors to solidify load in and set up plans
- Work to process event applications
- Work within the budget to properly record all vendor and sponsor payments
- Edit event maps
- Taking video footage at all of our special events with a GoPro/Drone
- Making promotion videos (around 1-2 minutes long)
- Major in Film Production or related major
- Knowledge of the film production technologies is a MUST